- Find out what's happening in Austin at TodayinAustin.com
Customers picturesMagnolia Cafe on Flickr
- No public Twitter messages.
- John B. (4/5) on YelpReally decent food + nice folks + 24 hrs = four Yelp stars. Some days are better than others, but the good far outweigh the bad. I'm a big fan of all the breakfast stuff they have, and you ( Yeah!… […]
- Samantha C. (5/5) on YelpSo, so good. Especially at 2 am, when everyone bands together after a good night out to celebrate their drunkeness with gingerbread chocolate chip pancakes and love migas. I always think I'll branch… […]
- Kacie M. (5/5) on YelpI had to pick ONE restaurant to stop at as we drove through Austin, and Magnolia Cafe was it. I was a little worried since their specialty is breakfast and we were were for dinner, but when we drove… […]
- Troy H. (4/5) on YelpGood food whenever you want. I have to say that as a person who knows Cajun food; they know how to make it blackened, creole, or the Acadian way. I have not found another Austin restaurant that… […]
- Robert H. (5/5) on YelpWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? The best food in Austin after 2am. The BBQ chicken tacos are delicious! […]
- John B. (4/5) on YelpI've been coming here on-and-off for 15 years. They have good food at a decent price. I love the breakfast tacos, the burgers are tasty and as you can read in other reviews they have an abundance of… […]
- Robin G. (5.0/5) on YelpWe get to Austin about every 6 weeks or so.....we always go to Magnolia Cafe for breakfast, but this past trip went for lunch on Friday and breakfast on Saturday. YUMMO! They do everything right and… […]
- Nancy C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comDefinitely a quaint place with great food and service. […]
- Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin.Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin. […]
- Deborah C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comawesome awesome awesome. Will be back next time I am in Austin! […]
- John B. (4/5) on Yelp
Spiffed up for SXSW 2010
Published: March 8, 2010
Every year, the Magnolia Cafes host some official and unofficial SXSW breakfasts. No RSVP or special invitation is ever required, honest.
But returning visitors to the Magnolia South (1920 South Congress Ave.) will hopefully notice the spiffing up we’ve done for the event. Though you won’t be back in the kitchen to see the completely refreshed floors and fixtures, you will most certainly notice that the dining room is now a beautiful aqua blue, and that the patio has a computer and beverage station to speed up service for you.
Just as we wiped the dust off our jeans and put the cafe back together again, we were introduced to two young men from Minneapolis, John Grider and Mike Fitzsimmons. Their business is called Broken Crow (http://www.brokencrow.com/about), and they came to Austin searching for large bare walls to paint murals on. Our niche of the neighborhood now has stalking lions, roosters, a giraffe, and birds coming out of an old Victrola.
Last, let me mention that the Magnolia Cafes have been included in the SXSW Eat Well Guide (http://maps.eatwellguide.org/maps/homepage/view/113). Between us and the other fine restaurants in Austin, there’s no need to go home hungry.