- Find out what's happening in Austin at TodayinAustin.com
Customers picturesMagnolia Cafe on Flickr
- No public Twitter messages.
- John B. (4/5) on YelpReally decent food + nice folks + 24 hrs = four Yelp stars. Some days are better than others, but the good far outweigh the bad. I'm a big fan of all the breakfast stuff they have, and you ( Yeah!… […]
- Samantha C. (5/5) on YelpSo, so good. Especially at 2 am, when everyone bands together after a good night out to celebrate their drunkeness with gingerbread chocolate chip pancakes and love migas. I always think I'll branch… […]
- Kacie M. (5/5) on YelpI had to pick ONE restaurant to stop at as we drove through Austin, and Magnolia Cafe was it. I was a little worried since their specialty is breakfast and we were were for dinner, but when we drove… […]
- Troy H. (4/5) on YelpGood food whenever you want. I have to say that as a person who knows Cajun food; they know how to make it blackened, creole, or the Acadian way. I have not found another Austin restaurant that… […]
- Robert H. (5/5) on YelpWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? The best food in Austin after 2am. The BBQ chicken tacos are delicious! […]
- John B. (4/5) on YelpI've been coming here on-and-off for 15 years. They have good food at a decent price. I love the breakfast tacos, the burgers are tasty and as you can read in other reviews they have an abundance of… […]
- Robin G. (5.0/5) on YelpWe get to Austin about every 6 weeks or so.....we always go to Magnolia Cafe for breakfast, but this past trip went for lunch on Friday and breakfast on Saturday. YUMMO! They do everything right and… […]
- Nancy C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comDefinitely a quaint place with great food and service. […]
- Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin.Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin. […]
- Deborah C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comawesome awesome awesome. Will be back next time I am in Austin! […]
- John B. (4/5) on Yelp
Magnolia broadcast: Come eat your home fries
Published: December 26, 2011
We were happy to learn that the Magnolia Cafe was chosen as one of the 40 best restaurants to eat breakfast in the state of Texas. “Top 40″ may sound like a big field, but Texas is a big state of course.
Here’s what Texas Monthly (Dec. 2011) had to say about us:
Is it the whimsical artwork, cheery print tablecloths, and mismatched booths? Or the toy pterodactyl hanging from the ceiling? Either way, the South Austin Magnolia has the hippie-dippie vibe nailed. The coffee is better than average, and the menu is economical and good. Order the fried-egg sandwich on sourdough–two eggs over easy, three tomato slices, ruffly leaf lettuce–or the house version of the three-egg omelet, with avocado and cheddar-jack cheese (you know you want that lemon-sour cream sauce). And never, under any circumstances, pass up the city’s best home fries, creamy inside and perfectly crispy from the griddle.
Shoutin’ out a big Thank You to Texas Monthly. (And to the nice Magnolia Cafe South employees who stepped up in the line of fire!)