- Find out what's happening in Austin at TodayinAustin.com
Customers picturesMagnolia Cafe on Flickr
- No public Twitter messages.
- John B. (4/5) on YelpReally decent food + nice folks + 24 hrs = four Yelp stars. Some days are better than others, but the good far outweigh the bad. I'm a big fan of all the breakfast stuff they have, and you ( Yeah!… […]
- Samantha C. (5/5) on YelpSo, so good. Especially at 2 am, when everyone bands together after a good night out to celebrate their drunkeness with gingerbread chocolate chip pancakes and love migas. I always think I'll branch… […]
- Kacie M. (5/5) on YelpI had to pick ONE restaurant to stop at as we drove through Austin, and Magnolia Cafe was it. I was a little worried since their specialty is breakfast and we were were for dinner, but when we drove… […]
- Troy H. (4/5) on YelpGood food whenever you want. I have to say that as a person who knows Cajun food; they know how to make it blackened, creole, or the Acadian way. I have not found another Austin restaurant that… […]
- Robert H. (5/5) on YelpWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? The best food in Austin after 2am. The BBQ chicken tacos are delicious! […]
- John B. (4/5) on YelpI've been coming here on-and-off for 15 years. They have good food at a decent price. I love the breakfast tacos, the burgers are tasty and as you can read in other reviews they have an abundance of… […]
- Robin G. (5.0/5) on YelpWe get to Austin about every 6 weeks or so.....we always go to Magnolia Cafe for breakfast, but this past trip went for lunch on Friday and breakfast on Saturday. YUMMO! They do everything right and… […]
- Nancy C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comDefinitely a quaint place with great food and service. […]
- Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin.Just saw The RZA at Magnolia Cafe. Also, mighty delicious blueberry pancakes. I love Austin. […]
- Deborah C. (5.0/5) on Yelp.comawesome awesome awesome. Will be back next time I am in Austin! […]
- John B. (4/5) on Yelp
“Love conquers all” for the Valentine’s Day menu
Published: February 16, 2012
Kent gives the cooks full creative control of the dinner menu every Valentine’s Day. The cooks order special ingredients and plan the entire menu — it’s an annual evening of culinary pride and accomplishment. I wish I had pics to show you from the Magnolia Cafe (Lake Austin Blv.d) as well, where they work to present an equally glorious menu each V. Day.
Here was the menu at the Magnolia Cafe South this year:
VALENTINES DAY MENU! 1. Greek Platter 2. Warm Olive Bread 3. Greek Salad 4. Avgolemono Soup 5. Spanakopita 6. Monk Fish 7. Lovers Lamb Kabobs 8. Greek banana split 9. Raspberry Chocolate Cake
As you can see, the cooks (led by Adam, in front) agreed to wear their red T’s for the evening. An inspired, and inspiring, bunch. Thanks to all of the cooks who contributed to our fabulous Magnolia dinners!